Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Classroom Library

Classroom Library
This is my 5th year teaching and this past summer I finally sorted my classroom library. Target had these colorful bins in the $2.50 shelves during the Back to School sales.
(Opps the bins in the first picture are actually from Dollar Tree but the rest of them below that are from Target.)
Then I figured out what categories I wanted. I searched the internet for clip art that I wanted to represent each category. When that was decided I started working on my labels. Each book has a mailing label with the same picture that is shown on the bins. This way my kinders will know exactly where to return the books to.
Labels above are:
  1. Disney
  2. Favorite Characters
  3. Songs & Rhymes
  4. Berenstain Bears
  5. Science
  6. Math
  7. Character Education
Lables above are:
  1. Fiction Animals
  2. Books about Kids
  3. Insects
  4. Dr. Seuss
  5. Famous Americans
  6. Community Helpers
Labels above are:
  1. Solar System
  2. School
  3. Non-Fiction Animals
  4. Cars & Trucks
  5. Cats and Dogs
  6. Dinosaurs
Labels above are:
  1. Nutrition & Fitness
  2. Eric Carle
  3. Gardens & Trees
  4. ABC's

0 comments:

Post a Comment