Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Liebster Award

Alexis over at Mrs Hudgens Hears a Who let me know through Instagram that she nominated me for a Liebster Award! The Liebster Award is an award given to new bloggers (less than 200 followers) who have amazing content to share and link up with other new bloggers. 

Thank you so much Alexis for thinking of me! You can check out her gorgeous blog Mrs. Hudgens Hears a Who by clicking on her blog button below. 
Mrs. Hudgen's Hears a Who

Here are the questions that I was given to answer as part of accepting the award!
1. Why and how long ago did you start blogging?
My very first post was back on February 5, 2012. During a staff meeting our principal had all the teachers sign up for a google email. During this meeting a teacher told us about Classroom Freebies. This introduced me to the world of blogging. The rest is history. It's been a slow history though, lol!

2. What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why?
Sharing. When I first started blogging I created a lot of products that I offered as Freebies. I thought so many talented teachers all over were sharing their ideas through blogs that I thought were cool. I felt that maybe somewhere there were some teachers that might think my ideas were good too.

3. Is there something you learned late in your blog journey you wished you knew before?
Have fun and don't get stressed out about followers. Share what you know and enjoy the process. Just like the line from Field of Dreams "If you build it, they will come." So if you are interested in blogging start building but only because you enjoy it!

4. What is your favorite past time other than blogging?
Instagram! I love that it's such a simple app to use and way easy to communicate with great teachers!

5. How many hours a week do you dedicate to your blog?
YIKES!! Not very much during the school year as you can easily see if you scrolled down my homepage. HOWEVER, it is summer right now so I have already started being more faithful!

6. What category of blog posts do you enjoy the most?
I LOVE posts with classroom pictures. Every year I change the layout of my classroom. I believe that it is like coming back to a new job each year which is never boring! Whenever I discover a new blog I instantly go to the label "My Classroom."

7. Where does your blog inspiration come from?
Basically from my needs in the classroom. If I like a theme (I love chevron prints) then I create things in that theme. That and whatever theme our reading program is doing.

8. Which post that you have written are you most proud of?
I am most proud of a post with a combinations of 10 freebie. It is also my most downloaded item in my Teachers Pay Teachers store. I love knowing that kiddos all over are practicing this skill with my product.

9. Is there a post you have been planning to do, but have been postponing it for awhile?
I am going to be posting about an engagement activity I did at the end of the year. It focuses on teamwork, collaboration, perseverance and not giving up. I always tell my kinders to be "hard workers" instead of telling them they are 
"so smart". It has made a big difference in motivation for my students.

10. Which idea from a blog would you like to try yourself?
I just learned about Portfolio binder from Alexis, the person who nominated me. It just so happens that I have a class set of binders sitting in my classroom right now that I haven't used. Now I have a purpose for them besides collecting dust!

I nominate (in ABC by their blog name):

Suzanne from Kindergarten Planet

Laura from Luv My Kinders
Photobucket

Chad from Male Kindergarten Teacher
Male Kindergarten Teacher

Deirdre from Mrs. Garcia's Super Scholars
Mrs. Garcia's Super Scholars!

Bryce from The Teaching Texan
The Teaching Texan

Here are the rules for accepting: 
1. In your post link my to my blog through my button or a link as a shout out and follow my blog!
2. Answer the questions I answered above. 
3. Nominate 5-11 blogs of your choice that have less than 200 followers. 
4. Let your nominees know they have been nominated and provide them with a link to your post so that they can accept! 
5. Last but not least, comment on my post with a link to your acceptance of the award!

Thanks so much for reading and hope you follow these great blogs mentioned above!

0 comments:

Post a Comment